Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dham Speak for

Well here again are those sentences you would never catch any one else use for fear of being called D(HAM)UMB:

I am not short

Is it impossible to get through your thick skinned self that the world and its people do not exist from a height of 6 feet and that there exist people yes real human beings and not bacteria below that benchmark height. Also i would like to emphasise that since you live in a country that has a pretty average benchmark height of 5ft 5 that you pay me and my kind a bit more respect, we out number you!

Avoiding embarrassment:

Contrary to popular belief when faced with the prospect of being red and regretful I prefer a much shorter way to get out of it. Enter the phrase: "Moving on (pregnant pause later)Swiftly"

The term dissected to help you understand it a bit better:

Moving on: an attempt to change the conversation

Pregnant pause: To confuse the receptor into expecting a shocking revelation or to prey on his/her limited attention span

Swiftly: To move physically or metaphorically to a new subject/room/boundary away from the above crisis

Sorry I didn't call back

As you know the fate of the world depended on me and that in that moment when sheer adrenaline was flowing through me I chose to reply back to your missed call on my call register at a later time. I hope you understand it was either calling you back or the imminent destruction of human life as I know it!

No comments: